Thursday, October 24, 2013

Consulates and Airlines

Praise Him!
It's been a rather long, but exciting day! 
My mom and I headed out this morning to the Ecuadorian consulate in Toronto. After a few minor setbacks, they accepted the paperwork, and we settled in for the wait. I do believe we were the only people in the office that were Canadian citizens. Surrounded by Spanish conversations, I thought I'd try to see how much I could pick up. Let's just say, Spanish language training is definitely going to be needed! 
We had applied for a two year visa, just to see what they would be willing to give. After a 2 hour wait the paperwork was handed back, as well as a visa valid for 720 days! That's only 10 days shy of 2 years. 
Now that the visa is processed plane tickets have been booked :) My flight leaves Toronto Pearson Airport  the morning of November 5th, and Lord willing, I return the evening of June 11, 2014

Prayer points:

~ praise for His peace and the assurance that this is what He has called me to do
~ thankfulness that the visa request has been granted
~ strength as I finalize things here


1 comment:

  1. Was able to get on to your blog. Great way to keep in touch. Love you.

    Grandma

    ReplyDelete