Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Welcome!

Hola (Hello)

Here goes..... I'm not going to promise I'll be any good at this, but I'll try my best to keep everyone in the loop :)

As far as things look now, we are still working toward a leaving date of November 4, 2013. 
All the paperwork looks to be in order, now I just need to head to the Ecuadorian consulate in Toronto this Thursday. From what I'm told, you just hand them the paperwork and then you need to sit and wait while they process it. Approximately a 2-4hr process, but at least I can walk out with a visa in hand. 
Emotionally, I feel far less ready. The final packing and getting paperwork in order is overwhelming. The fact that I won't be seeing friends and (church)family for 7 months is something I still can't seem to wrap my head around, its such a foreign concept to me. Which I suppose I should be extremely thankful for! However, I am looking forward to experiencing a more laid-back style of living. (I may never want to come back to our North American fast-food style of life) I'm excited to spend a winter in the warmth and sunshine. But most of all, I can't wait to see what God has in store for me, and where His plan will lead! 
And I look forward to sharing it all with you :)


 

3 comments:

  1. Glad you got this set up. It will be a nice way to hear how things are going and what you're all doing. This is super exciting!! Even though I'm gonna miss you : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Melissa! Exciting! One thing, I noticed that you said you will be leaving on Nov. 4th. I am not 100% sure if you were planning to fly back with Aunt Arlene, but do fly out of Vancouver on the 4th at night and don't get to Miami until the 5th, so really they fly out of Miami on tha day and then to Quito. If you are coming with them, then your ticket should be for the 5th.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to know Uncle Fred! I had planned to talk with Hanna K about their flight details after I got my visa, and so assumed.... you know what they say about assuming haha. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete