Saturday, March 15, 2014

Blessings :)

Sorry, it's been awhile since I've posted. These last few weeks have been busy, so let me catch you up on life here.
I was blessed with the opportunity to go to the beach from February 15th to the 21st. The ocean here is so warm! I think I swam more during that week than in the last 3 years of my life. It was a wonderful week of relaxation, and I finally got a tan :)


Then came the work teams.....

TEAM 1 came Feb 21-Mar 4
They worked on the wall surrounding the property for the House of Hope, built a computer desk, did some electrical, painted a mural, logo, bathrooms and some classrooms and did crafts with the children.


TEAM 2 came Mar 5-14

They also worked on the wall for House of Hope, installed a water system, and did crafts with the kids as well as painting the kitchen, bathrooms and a logo at one of the projects.


It was interesting for me to see just how different each team can be. Each person’s personality and strengths make each team so different there really is no comparison.
However, it was such a blessing to have them here. Honestly, to all of you who came, THANK YOU!!! It was so nice to see my brother and so many of my friends come to Ecuador. I thoroughly enjoyed getting to know some new friends, and to spend time with old ones. It was exciting for me to watch you interacting with the kids, they loved it! You got so much work done: the wall is so close to being finished (18 sections left to go!) and the projects are looking great with new coats of paint!
But also, God has used you to encourage me in the work here. For me personally, its easy to get down when the going gets tough. I’ve been working through the tough times, but not with the heart I should have. Im so thankful for the excitement and willingness to work that you showed. Its renewed the passion in me to just be where He wants me. I always want to see results, but thats not my work, its His, and its not my timing, its His. So just a big thanks to you all for sharing your time and talents and for the good talks I had with many of you.
Remember, God’s kingdom is world-wide! How can you serve Him at home?

Melissa



1 comment:

  1. I am glad we could be an encouragement to you. Thanks so much for all you did for us. I enjoyed getting to know you and everyone else on the team. May God bless you as you continue your work there.

    ReplyDelete