Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Rio Pita (Pita River)

Yesterday I had the opportunity to go hiking at Rio Pita with a group of people from the church. It was a beautiful area, and I really enjoyed myself! Here are some pictures...

 

The group of us

Rocky mountain trails

We took a gondola across part of the valley




Rio pita

And swinging bridges

La gran cascada (the big waterfall)

You can cross the river and walk behind the falls. They told me it was cold, but I had no idea that it would be SO cold! I had to try it though, I had to take full advantage of the experiences I have in Ecuador :)

It was so hard to breathe in that water! This is the proof of my Ecuadorian polar dip :) 



That's all for now folks! There are New Years celebrations to experience! Hopefully they will be up on the blog before the week is out. 

Wishing you all a very blessed and happy 2014! May God be with you all!

Melissa








1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing, Melissa! Kudos to you on the Ecuadorian Polar Dip! :)
    Happy New Year to you.

    ReplyDelete